Being a student means you have to deal with all kinds of papers – from essays to autobiographies. That’s right – you’ll have to tell people about your life. The question is, how to do that in a proper way?
Well, you can’t actually write an autobiography without knowing what that is. So, what is autobiography, you might be wondering. Check this definition:
An autobiography is a description of your actual life and its major landmarks.
All in all, you’ve got to tell about your life and make others interested in it.
So, how to write an autobiography, you might ask? The answer is simple – just follow in the footsteps of real professionals!
Write an Autobiography Easily: Three Steps to a Perfect Paper
And now, it’s time to find out what to write in an autobiography. You can’t describe every single moment of your entire life, right?
Basically, an autobiography is a short story. To answer your next question “How do I write a story?”, consider these tips:
- Pick 3 to 7 most interesting events;
- Develop a setup for these events to make readers invested in the story;
- Offer unique and peculiar conclusions and meditations on these events.
Write an Autobiography, not a Biography: Remember the Difference
For all those asking “How do I write an autobiography?”: don’t mistake it for a biography! And now, learn the answer to “What is an autobiography and biography?”:
Writing an autobiography means telling about your own life, while writing a biography means describing someone else’s life.
“How do you write an autobiography?”
If you have ever been wondering how to be an author, you must have heard of all the difficult things that you should supposedly first master, such as stylistic devices, story mode, etc. Forget those! As a matter of fact, being a writer is simpler than you thought!
Actually, for those asking “How to write an autobiography of myself?”, here’s a newsflash: you can’t write an autobiography of anyone else – autobiography already means writing about yourself. Well, anyway, here are some useful tips on how to do it right:
Writing autobiography: tips
- Use only precise dates and information;
- Include different stages such as birth, education, work, etc,;
- Avoid emotional elements and vast descriptions.
With these pieces of advice, you’ll easily learn how to write an autobiography of yourself!
“How do you write a biography?”
- Pick an intriguing personality;
- Find the most impressive/least known events in his/her life;
- Use a specific style to describe the chosen events.
Well, now that you’ve got the answer to your “How do I write autobiography papers?” question, let’s move to another peculiarity of autobiographies.
Autobiography isn’t merely a list of dates and events. It’s got to have an edge – imagine that you are writing a novel, for that matter. Make a fascinating story of life out of your paper.
“How do you write a story of life, then?”
Good question! Check these tips:
- Think of the time period when the events happened.
- Address major events like birth, marriage, death, etc.;
- Look at the events from an unusual angle.
If you’re writing a story of your life, try to add a tint of nostalgia to it – and picking the right tone will do you half the job.
E.g., “In 2000, my mother gave birth to Rosemary, and a whole new life began for me and my entire family.”
Draw a peculiar comparison, use a metaphor – make your paper unique and fun: “And then, stealing his beloved idea, I unleashed a 2-years-long Trojan war between my has-been friend and me.”
Write an Autobiography, not Memoirs: Mind the Similarities
Actually, memoir and autobiography writing have a lot in common. However, you can still tell them apart if you know these secrets:
- Unlike autobiography, memoir writing is less formal;
- When you write a memoir, focus on emotions – leave logical conclusions for an autobiography;
- When writing a memoir, you can skip certain phases (childhood, adulthood, adolescence, etc.); for an autobiography however, every event must be at least mentioned briefly.
Well now you don’t need to look any further for the answer to the question “How to write an autobiography?” And now that you know how, write an autobiography yourself – this will be the most fascinating experience you’ve ever had!