If you look for fresh ideas for your evaluative essays, you must be tired of ordinary movie and book reviews. Why to limit evaluation paper topics to only a few classic novels and movies? Indeed, academic essay writing can and should be exciting. In this list you will find 30 most inspiring ideas for your evaluation essay topic.
Evaluation essay topics: mass media
- Evaluate a special report on the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- Evaluate one of the popular talk shows (The Oprah Winfrey Show, for example).
- Evaluate a season of a casting show (American Idol, America’s Got Talent, America’s Next Top Model etc.)
- Evaluate a real life show (Cops, Big Bother etc.).
- Evaluate a TV or newspaper report on national scandals (phone-hacking scandal, for example).
- Evaluate a weather forecast program.
- Evaluate a TV commercial advertisement.
Evaluation essay topics: music
- Evaluate the video clip of your favorite song.
- Review one of the most popular songs of the previous year, no matter if you like it or not. Try to be as objective as possible.
- Evaluate the role of the music by Tchaikovsky in the movie Black Swan.
- Evaluate a piece of classical music (Beethoven, Mozart, your variant).
- Evaluate a concert of Michael Jackson.
- Evaluate a music video clip of Lady Gaga, Madonna, Cher or any other pop diva.
- Evaluate the music your parents like most of all.
- Try to recollect the music you liked when at high school and evaluate it.
Evaluation essay topics: art
- Write a review of your favorite book. If you cannot choose one, consider evaluating The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger or Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
- Evaluate the movie you would recommend to your fellow students.
- Evaluate the worst movie you have ever watched. Make sure to provide arguments when criticizing it.
- Visit a local museum and evaluate the exhibition (or find an online exhibition on the Internet).
- Visit an exhibition of a modern artist and evaluate one picture or the exhibition as a whole (or find an exhibition on the Internet).
- Visit an exhibition of a modern photographer (or find it on the Internet).
- Evaluate the design of the hall or building of your college.
Evaluation essay topics: sports and entertainment
- Evaluate any sports event you liked or disliked (football or boxing match, Olympic Games etc.).
- Visit a café or club in your neighborhood and evaluate it (probably, it is the best way to combine work and pleasure).
- Go to a swimming pool or a gym and write a review.
- Evaluate your favorite video game.
- Evaluate the design of a web site that you use.
- Evaluate the nearest supermarket.
- If you happen to see a street performance, evaluate it.
- Evaluate your college cafeteria, its menu and quality of services.
Now you see how diverse topics for evaluation essay can be. Choose an evaluation essay paper topic meeting your interests and enjoy the writing process.